Beyond Open Source: Using Actuate BIRT
Who Should Attend?
Developers and Managers
Working with BIRT Report Designer
Upcoming Course Dates
This course instructs students on those features that are unique to Actuate BIRT Report Designer Professional. This product has the same code base as open source BIRT so it provides the same core features and benefits as the open source version plus newly developed functionality such as using HTML5 in your reports.
Students learn to add interactive charts to reports using HTML5 and Flash, allowing developers to add flair to reports typically seen on web dashboards. The course covers the creation of data objects, adding data security, publishing reports to the iHub Server, using the Interactive Viewer, report and database change impact analysis as well as other topics.
This highly interactive, instructor-led class provides many opportunities for students to ask questions, explore new areas, and receive help from the instructor as they work through the exercises.
Each student receives a workbook, which contains the exercises students complete in class.
- Adding HTML5 charts and HTML buttons to reports
- Using Dynamic Parameters
- Advanced cross tabs
- Creating data objects
- Using Data Security
- Publishing BIRT reports to iServer
- Customizing reports in Interactive Viewer
- Unions with multiple datasets
- Database and report change impact analysis
- Using the Data Object API
- Extending BIRT Designer functionality
- Adding Page Level Security to reports