Developing a Customized BIRT Studio Environment
Who Should Attend?
Software Administrators, developers and power users
Familiarity with iServer, Actuate Information Console, Information Objects, and BIRT Report Designer Professional
This training course develops the skills needed to configure and customize enterprise-mode BIRT Studio. Through presentations, demonstrations, and exercises, students are introduced to BIRT Studio and the different types of customization tasks. Students learn how to set up and customize BIRT Studio to meet the reporting needs of business users.
By the end of this one-day training, students will have learned how to create report templates on which users can base their reports, how to provide data that users can use in their reports, how to modify the appearance and functionality of BIRT Studio, and how to deploy multiple instances of Actuate iPortal and BIRT Studio to provide different reporting services to different groups of users.
- Overview of BIRT Studio
- Creating and publishing report templates
- Creating and publishing information objects
- Customizing the appearance of BIRT Studio
- Configuring user access to volume contents
- Customizing BIRT Studio functionality
- Creating and integrating a custom data source