Distance Learning - Designing, Customizing, and Publishing Spreadsheet Reports
Who Should Attend?
A working knowledge of SQL, and familiarity with XML is recommended for this class
Calendrier des Formations
Distance Learning is the web-based delivery vehicle for Actuate technical training.
In our Distance Learning classes, students remotely attend our regional classes. Distance Learning students will see and hear the instructor's presentations, participate in class discussions and can share their desktops with the instructor when needed. Students receive the course materials and instructions on how to join the web session the week before the class start date.
The first day of this course teaches business users and other report developers to design, run, and deploy Spreadsheet for viewing on the web. In a laboratory setting, students learn Spreadsheet reporting concepts and how to use e.Spreadsheet Designer wizards to create automated spreadsheet-based reports. Exercises progress from creating simple reports to complex designs using grouping, run-time parameters, and a variety of external data sources. Topics in the course include using automated report formatting, charts, the Data Manager, hyperlinks, the Query Editor, and stored procedures.
The second day teaches students to display summary data in a pivot range, set up report and field-level security, create and use macros, access multiple data sources for a report and implement custom functionality in report designs using Java callback classes.
Each student receives a comprehensive course manual that serves as a workbook during class and as a detailed reference guide.
- Spreadsheet reporting concepts
- Creating and formatting e.Spreadsheet reports
- Using parameters, multiple report ranges and defined names
- Adding charts and hyperlinks
- Outlining a report
- Publishing reports to the web
- Using pivot ranges
- Setting up security features
- Using macros in reports
- Accessing multiple data sources
- Programming a report using callback classes
- Students must have access to the internet and a phone
- Students need to have the current release of of e.Spreadsheet Designer installed on their desktops prior to the class.