Working with Actuate e.Report Designer Professional
Who Should Attend?
Developers, Database Administrators, Project Managers, Power Users
Experience with Microsoft SQL, and a familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts. Visual Basic programming experience is beneficial, but not required.
Calendrier des Formations
This intensive course develops the skills needed to build and maintain a sophisticated corporate reporting system using Actuate's e.Report Designer Professional. Students learn Actuate's reporting system theory, and then apply this knowledge to capture and present key data in an effective, concise and timely manner.
In a lab environment, students develop complex Actuate reports that require the customization of Actuate Basic code. Although not required, it is strongly recommended that attendees have some level of programming experience with object-oriented languages, SQL and/or Visual Basic.
This course is delivered in two consecutive 2-day sessions. The first two days of this class can be taken alone, as the Fundamentals of Actuate e.Report Designer Professional. Please note that Business Users should attend the Fundamentals of e.Report Design course, which teaches general reporting skills.
Each student receives a comprehensive course manual, which functions both as a workbook during class, and as a detailed reference guide once the class is completed.
- All topics covered in the Fundamentals of e.Report Design course, plus
- Actuate Reporting System product overview and demonstration
- Designing, building and viewing simple reports
- Connecting to databases and custom data sources
- Working with a report's page layout
- Creating SQL Queries with the Actuate Query Editors
- Understanding the stored procedure builder
- Understanding aggregate functions
- Understanding report groups -- sections and subsections
- Building sequential and parallel reports
- Using Actuate's dynamic text control and page sizing features
- Working with Crosstab reports