Actuate Launches BIRT Exchange
Developer Community Site, a Dedicated Resource for Eclipse BIRT and the Actuate BIRT Product Line San Mateo, Calif. – September 24, 2007
Core News Facts:
- Actuate today announced the launch of BIRT Exchange (www.birt-exchange.com), a dedicated resource for the Eclipse BIRT developer community and the Actuate BIRT product line. The growth of the Eclipse BIRT developer community and BIRT’s increased use in enterprise deployments has created demand for supported products and services based on Eclipse BIRT.
- BIRT Exchange fulfils this need by providing a dedicated site where developers can learn about support and services for Eclipse BIRT, download Actuate BIRT products and participate in the growing Eclipse BIRT eco-system. Developers can share code and expertise with peers, helping to accelerate the flow of knowledge and information within the community.
Available on BIRT Exchange:
- Gives the BIRT developer community centralized access to the broadest range of resources and knowledge related to BIRT.
- Enables developers to easily share, comment on, rate and quickly pinpoint the information they need - technical articles and tips, report designs, even code samples - using simple keyword search combined with a powerful filtering and a community rating system. Resources are grouped by interest area - such as designing and deploying reports, enabling interactive end-user reporting - and can be sorted by rating, author, date, etc.
- DevX — a dynamic content hub where BIRT developers can quickly find, share and discover useful BIRT-related technical information including code snippets, report designs, technical tips, tutorials and more. DevX makes it fast and easy for developers to search, upload, download and rate content items.
- Searchable forums — on Eclipse BIRT and the Actuate BIRT product line, including a mirror of the Eclipse BIRT newsgroup, which is also searchable.
- Software downloads and detailed product information — for Eclipse BIRT, and the Actuate BIRT product line enabling rapid report deployment, spreadsheet reporting and ad-hoc end user reporting.
- Documentation — official documentation for Eclipse BIRT and Actuate BIRT products.
- Demos — a collection of self-running learning tools on everything from AJAX interactivity for BIRT reports, ad-hoc reporting with BIRT templates, spreadsheet reporting, using sub-reports, parameters, parallel reporting and more.
- Wiki & Blog —facilitates an active dialogue among the BIRT developer community.
- Products – ability to learn about and download the Actuate BIRT product line for enabling enterprise deployment, end user reporting and spreadsheet reporting.
- Support Resources – information on support, services and training available for Eclipse BIRT and the Actuate BIRT product line.
The Eclipse BIRT project is a top level Eclipse Foundation project initiated and led by Actuate with the goal of providing a powerful and flexible reporting design tool for application and report developers. To date, Eclipse BIRT has surpassed one million downloads and has a large, active and growing developer community across all types of organizations. Major software companies such as IBM, BEA, Borland and Zend have incorporated BIRT into their product lines.
Related Online Resources:
Ask BIRT video: http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=143
BIRT 2.2 video with indexed menu: http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=163
Interview conducted by Michael Coté, RedMonk: http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=162
BIRT on Ohloh: http://www.ohloh.net/projects/490?p=Eclipse+BIRT
Actuate Del.icio.us page: http://del.icio.us/Actuate
Summary of Actuate’s 2007 Open Source Software Survey: http://www.actuate.com/open_source_survey
BIRT Exchange Screenshots: http://www.actuate.com/images/BIRT-Exchange-screenshots.zip
Actuate Logo: http://www.actuate.com/images/Acrgb.gif
BIRT Exchange Quick Links:
BIRT Exchange: http://www.birt-exchange.com/
User-generated content: www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/index.php?contenttype=-1
Support for BIRT: http://www.birt-exchange.com/html/support/services.php
Info on designing BIRT reports:
Info on deploying BIRT reports:
Info on enabling end user reporting:
BIRT developer forums:
Demos on BIRT capabilities and BIRT-related
Actuate founded and co-leads the BIRT open source project, which is used by more than 2.5 million developers around the globe and serves as the foundation of the ActuateOne® platform. Applications built on ActuateOne deliver more business and consumer insights to more people than all BI companies combined — ensuring organizations are ready for the exponential growth of Big Data and the proliferation of touch devices.
The ActuateOne platform empowers developers to rapidly develop custom, BIRT-based business analytics and customer communications applications. ActuateOne applications built with one BIRT design can access and integrate any data, including unstructured sources. They provide one user experience regardless of skill level and are supported by one platform for any cloud, hybrid, on-premise, web or touch device deployment.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Actuate has over 5,000 customers globally in a diverse range of business areas including financial services, technology and the public sector. Actuate is listed on NASDAQ under the symbol BIRT. For more information, visit www.actuate.com or engage with the BIRT community at www.birt-exchange.com.
Copyright © 2013 Actuate Corporation. All rights reserved. Actuate, ActuateOne, and the Actuate logo are registered trademarks of Actuate Corporation and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other brands, names or trademarks mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.