Store and Deliver Content to Print, Web, Mobile and Tablet Devices in Static and Interactive Formats; Extensive API-integration with Third-party Archives and Apps
San Mateo, Calif., – September 4, 2012 – Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), The BIRT Company™ – delivering more insights to more people than all BI companies combined- today announced the availability of Xenos Repository, a document indexing, storage and multi-channel delivery system for high-volume customer statements, electronic documents and scanned images, designed specifically for use in the financial services, insurance and telecommunications industries.
Organizations today are managing the complete spectrum of data and content, driving extremely complex business applications that legacy archiving solutions can no longer support. Whether making millions of credit card statements available online, analyzing telecommunications call patterns, or embedding marketing promotions within home insurance policies, Actuate Xenos Group technology provides leading solution development, implementation and management.
Xenos Repository ensures enterprise-class reliability, scalability, performance and integration capabilities, and was specifically designed to address traditional and emerging business and regulatory requirements associated with high volume customer communications. The repository provides high performance content search and retrieval that reduces demand for legacy print and instead promotes delivery across more contemporary channels including web, mobile and tablet devices.
Advanced storage management functionality in Xenos Repository delivers up to a 95% reduction in related costs and optimizes content storage across Hadoop DFS, local disk, corporate SAN/NAS or EMC Centera devices, lowering costs and enabling highly scalable performance in all scenarios, including Big Data implementations. Additionally, it offers extensive integration with third-party archives, back-office systems and customer-facing web applications. Users can extract information from static reports into more usable formats, including Microsoft Excel®, XML or relational databases. Content contained within documents stored across disparate archives can be merged with relational data sources, providing interactive views of content that have not previously been possible. The result is that content is more actionable, accessible and reliable throughout the organization.
“The Actuate Xenos Group has been an innovator in the content and document management space for more than 30 years,” said Steve Jones, Vice President and General Manager - Xenos Group at Actuate. “Xenos was processing Big Data before Big Data became the dominant industry focus. Our technology lies at the heart of hundreds of tier-one customer infrastructures, and has a reputation for unbeatable performance and reliability.”
Benefits of the Xenos Repository
The Xenos Repository includes the following features and benefits:
- Best in class integrated transformation technology provides the most options when indexing, loading, and retrieving content in native print stream, PDF or Image formats.
- An intuitive interface lets any user browse, search, retrieve and customize any content within the Repository.
- A graphical development environment allows for the creation implementation and deployment of advanced document processing and distribution rules.
- A Management Console allows administrators to easily manage security, storage, retention and disposition rules from a central location.
- An abstracted storage layer provides the ability to abstract logical storage from the physical storage device to leverage multiple tiers of storage devices and switch between them.
- Adapters that provide access to an array of repositories including; IBM Content Manager OnDemand, IBM FileNet P8 or Image Services, EMC Documentum, and other CMIS-enabled archives.
For More Information
Xenos Repository is generally available and is compatible with Xenos Enterprise Server 4.0. Visit http://www.xenos.com/xe/products/xenos-repository/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.