Independent Research Firm Issues Actuate Wisdom of the Crowds Market Studyâ„˘ Special Report
San Mateo, Calif., - January 31, 2012 â€“ Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), the people behind BIRTÂ® and the leader in open source business intelligence (BI), today released the key points of a Special Report from independent advisory firm Dresner Advisory Services (DAS), based on the 2011 Wisdom of Crowds Business Intelligence Market Studyâ„˘.
The Special Report finds Actuate delivers more value for end users by offering ease-of-use, streamlined integration and effective consulting, positioning both Actuate and its customers for success. Key findings show that Actuate experienced strong growth in its traditional foothold in Fortune 1000 corporations while it extended its reach into new market segments.
â€śSpending for Business Intelligence solutions and services continues to grow -- driven by a more mainstream understanding of its importance and value,â€ť said Howard Dresner, Chief Research Officer, Dresner Advisory Services. â€śThis has unleashed the demand for solutions that are easier to buy, faster to deploy and easier to use.
â€śCentered around open source BIRT, Actuateâ€™s 'one design, one server, and one user experience' improves developer productivity to create an unmatched user experience within a unified environment,â€ť said Nobby Akiha, Senior Vice President of Marketing at Actuate Corporation.
Actuate: 2011 Wisdom of Crowds Business Intelligence Market Study Key Takeaways
- 72% of Actuate users reported â€śgreat valueâ€ť or â€śgood valueâ€ť for price paidâ€”well above its peers and the overall sample average.
- 94% of Actuate users reported they would recommend Actuate.
- Market Growth:
- While maintaining a strong presence in IT departments, Actuate has garnered increased interest from non-IT customers in recent years.
- In the past year, Actuate has seen a larger percentage of new deployments than any of its peers in the industry.
- Actuate customers appear to allocate above-average amounts of BI budget for the IT Function. This is consistent with Actuateâ€™s historical strength in creating tools and programs in support of developers.
- Actuateâ€™s usability score was consistently higher than its open source peers and has improved in key areas, including Ease of Upgrade, Customization and Extensibility, and Ease of Installation.
- Open Source Leadership:
- Actuate BIRT outperformed other open source BI vendors to secure the leading open source overall ranking by a wide margin.
â€śRegardless of organization size, end-users expect enterprise BI to be as adaptable and easy-to-use as any consumer application,â€ť said Akiha. â€śIn moving away from a set of disparate tools to a unified business intelligence environment like ActuateOne, our customers are realizing greater value from Actuate. Theyâ€™re able to work across the organization with minimal effort, customize their applications and become more self-sufficient with our flexible approach to BI â€” all benefits captured in this Actuate Special Report.â€ť
The full â€śWisdom of Crowds BI Market Studyâ„˘ Special Report â€“ Actuateâ€ť can be downloaded here: http://www.actuate.com/info/dresner-wisdom-report-2011.