Actuate to Showcase the Present and the Future of Business Intelligence Applications at a Series of ActuateOne Live! Events Around the Globe
San Mateo, Calif., September 27, 2011 – Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), The people behind BIRT® and the leading open source Business Intelligence (BI) vendor, today announced the highlights of ActuateOne Live!, a series of free, one-day events for Business Intelligence decision makers and developers scheduled to take place around the globe. This year’s gatherings of Actuate customers, BIRT developers and top IT management can receive four hours of free hands-on training and learn what's new in BIRT and ActuateOne(TM) - a unified suite of products for rapidly developing and deploying BIRT-based custom Business Intelligence applications and information applications.
ActuateOne Live! will provide insights on how organizations can maximize their ActuateOne and BIRT investments. Attendees can learn how they can extend their BIRT deployment and hone their BIRT expertise through a series of training, networking and educational opportunities. ActuateOne Live! is scheduled to take place in San Francisco, Nov. 3; New York, Nov. 9; Paris, Nov. 15; London, Nov. 16; Frankfurt, Nov. 17; and Singapore, Dec. 1.
“I’m excited about ActuateOne Live!—BIRT has become an integral part of our organization and how we deliver our products,” said Karl Richards, EVP of Business Technology Services at Total Administrative Services Corporation. “I'm really looking forward to learning about new product features, attending the hands on sessions, getting tips and tricks and meeting some of my peers in the industry to learn about interesting things other organizations are doing with BIRT.”
ActuateOne Live! highlights include:
- Keynote by Actuate CEO: Pete Cittadini will share the latest on Actuate BIRT and insights on the evolving business intelligence ecosystem.
- BIRT Design and BIRT 360 training: Actuate experts will provide four hours of free hands-on training for Actuate’s rich report design product and its dynamic BIRT 360 dashboard tool.
- Live BIRT challenge: Flat “straw” tables will be transformed into interactive dashboard “gold” during a live challenge demonstrating Actuate’s powerful yet easy-to-use BIRT tools.
- What’s new in ActuateOne: A showcase of the latest ActuateOne updates will detail analytic tools and other enhanced features included in the Actuate 11 SP2 release.
- Networking opportunities: Developers and customers can share their BIRT success stories, experiences and ideas with peers, Actuate experts, and management during on-site discussions.
- Customer awards presentation: The 2011 Actuate Excellence Awards will recognize Actuate customers whose BIRT implementations demonstrate innovation and outstanding return on investment.
“ActuateOne Live! is a must-attend event for anybody looking to build open, future-proof business intelligence applications,” said Pete Cittadini, CEO and President of Actuate Corporation. “BIRT and ActuateOne are the present and the future of Actuate’s product strategy. Attendees will be able to see how the simple elegance of one BI server, one BIRT-based design, a singular BI end user experience and the ability to access any data source can work for them to build today and tomorrow’s BI applications.”
ActuateOne Live! Registration
ActuateOne Live! is open to Actuate’s licensed customers, resellers, certified partners, developers and anybody interested in BIRT. For additional information or to register, please visit http://www.actuate.com/company/events/customer-days/ or email ACD@actuate.com. Twitter users can follow the hashtag #A1Live.