ActuateOne Leverages Existing e.Report Applications to Create BIRT-based Analytics and End User-driven Dashboards
San Mateo, Calif. – November 17, 2010 — Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), The people behind BIRT® and the leader in open source Business Intelligence, today announced that ActuateOne, Actuate’s game changing product suite for rapidly developing and deploying custom Business Intelligence (BI) and information applications now leverages e.Reports as a data source. Actuate customers with existing e.Reports installations can now take advantage of ActuateOne’s unified environment - based upon one design, one server and one user experience - to improve developer productivity, optimize the end user experience and deploy from on-premises to the cloud.
With ActuateOne for e.Reports, customers who have developed e.Reports can now take advantage of release 11 of Actuate’s value-added products for the Eclipse BIRT open source project, including the latest version of BIRT iServer and two new products - BIRT 360 and BIRT Data Analyzer. BIRT 360 and BIRT Data Analyzer deliver flexible, intuitive in-memory analytics and dashboarding capabilities, significantly expanding the deployment and end user experience for e.Reports-based applications, without the need for rewriting or modifying those applications.
ActuateOne for e.Reports enables customers to:
- Run and manage e.Reports and BIRT-based applications side by side
- Access embedded Actuate Basic-based business logic within existing e.Reports applications
- Easily present self-service dashboards
- Deliver in-memory and ad hoc analysis capabilities to end users
- Have an ‘Instant on’, interactive environment to create rich end user experiences
- Use a web-based design metaphor to create pixel-perfect reporting
- Support in-memory, live Excel® and analysis capabilities for end users
- Utilize BIRT Studio and the Information Console to create many interactive end user experiences
- Maintain Page Level Security, custom user access controls that are built into the e.Report
ActuateOne for e.Reports leverages the Eclipse Open Data Access (ODA) framework, contributed by Actuate as a means for defining access to structured or unstructured data sources, including print streams. This open source framework is extensible and customizable by developers who need BIRT to connect to specific and unusual sources.
“Users of ActuateOne enjoy frictionless analytics and decision support, which provides visibility on a massive scale without the error prone, expensive, data warehousing-centric approaches recommended by the previous generation of BI companies,” said Bernie Skomra, senior vice president global operations at Actuate. “We’re seeing a lot of interest in ActuateOne for e.Reports. With flexible pricing plus numerous installation and configuration options, our solution is much less expensive and much more effective than the alternatives offered today. By enabling ‛Instant On’ analytics which leverages the proven, secure and scalable Actuate iServer—already installed within thousands of enterprise customers—we’re able to deliver value right away.”
Pricing and Availability
ActuateOne for e.Reports is available now. To find out more visit: http://www.actuate.com/ActuateOneforeReports or call toll free: 800-914-2259 or +1 650 645 3000.