Support, Services and Value-added Software Geared up to Support BIRT 2.3, Part of the Eclipse Ganymede Release
San Mateo, Calif., – June 30, 2008 – Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: ACTU), the leader in delivering Rich Internet Applications Without Limits™, today announced that effective immediately, Actuate is providing full support for Eclipse BIRT 2.3, the latest version of the Eclipse open source Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools project. BIRT 2.3 is part of Ganymede, a coordinated release of 23 different Eclipse open source projects that was made available on June 25.
Actuate is providing support for organizations that build applications using BIRT 2.3 with the following simultaneously released products and services:
BIRT 2.3 is available for download on BIRT Exchange at http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/wfdownloads/ and includes the following key features:
- Crosstab enhancements, including scripting and derived measures
- Crosstab support for displaying measures as horizontal or vertical Charts
- Bi-directional support for all output formats, with the ability to mix within one report
- Horizontal Page Breaks for tables and crosstabs to prevent cluttered printouts and excessive scrolling
- Prototype integration of the Eclipse Data Tools Platform (DTP) Project SQL Graphical Query Builder
BIRT 2.3 represents a total of over 1.6 million lines of code, addresses over 250 enhancements, is fully integrated into the Eclipse and Java internationalization/localization infrastructure and is tested for 23 locales including Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Arabic and Hebrew. The product also includes updated online documentation created by professional technical writers, as well as demos, code snippets, an example database and articles on common usage scenarios.
To learn more about BIRT, please visit BIRT Exchange at http://www.birt-exchange.com/.