Distance Learning - Actuate Information Objects
Distance Learning is the web-based delivery vehicle for Actuate technical training.
In our Distance Learning classes, students remotely attend our regional classes. Distance Learning students will see and hear the instructor's presentations, participate in class discussions and can share their desktops with the instructor when needed. Students receive the course materials and instructions on how to join the web session the week before the class start date.
In this course, data architects learn how to use the Actuate Information Objects to create encapsulated SQL queries called information objects and how to configure database types. Students learn how business users and report developers use information objects to create queries in Actuate Query and Information Object Query Builder. Students learn how Actuate iServer system and volume administrators administer information objects.
Each student receives a comprehensive course manual, which functions as a workbook during the course and a detailed reference guide once the course completes.
- Students must have access to the internet and a phone
- Students need to have the current release of the Information Object Designer installed on their desktops prior to the class.
- Introducing information objects
- Creating information object projects, database connection definitions, and maps of database tables and views
- Creating information objects with simple and ad hoc parameters
- Using information objects in Actuate Query and Information Object Query Builder in Actuate e.Report Designer Professional and eSpreadsheet Designer
- Publishing information objects to an Encyclopedia volume
- Using the advanced features of Information Object Designer