Using the BIRT Integration APIs (Singapore)
USING THE BIRT INTEGRATION APIS VERSION 2.1
Course Name: Integrating and deploying BIRT
Course Length: 2 days
Who Should Attend? Developers and Project Mangers
Prerequisites: Students must be experienced Java programmers with practical understanding of the BIRT Report Designer and Eclipse IDE.
This advanced hands-on class teaches experienced developers to build and deploy applications rapidly using BIRT scripting and BIRT Java APIs in an Eclipse-based development environment.
Each student receives a workbook, which contains all the exercises students will complete in class. Students also receive Integrating and Extending BIRT, the book published by Addison-Wesley.
· Developing reports with Scripted Data Sources
· Writing and debugging reports with Java Event Handlers
· Creating report documents, running and rendering reports in HTML and PDF using Report Engine API
· Extracting data from BIRT reports using Report Engine API
· Obtaining report parameter definitions using Report Engine API
· Creating BIRT reports using Design Engine API
· Modifying BIRT reports using Design Engine API
· Adding computed columns to BIRT report designs using Design Engine API
· Creating and rendering charts using Chart Engine API